Thursday, January 21, 2010

Our Troops

Today I am thankful for our troops. One of my Kindergarten students' fathers is in Kuwait. I had my Kindergarteners make holiday cards and we sent them to he and his troop. I was nervous that they wouldn't get there in time or at all, but her mother called right before Christmas to let me know that they got them and how much they appreciated them. This week I received the most heartfelt letter from her father. It brought me to tears and I still haven't read the whole thing because each time I start I lose it! It just reminded me how simple and easy it is to show our troops that we support them. Please remember our troops! There are many men and women still serving in the armed forces and others being deployed as I write. We are so blessed to be so free!

Hope all is well....

post signature

0 comments: