Today I am thankful for Debs....my mom. I know that this is kind of a duh, but I cannot express how close my mom and I are and how much I love and appreciate her as a mother and a friend! We have called her Debs for years now so that is why I titled this post with her nickname. I came over to Hot Springs for the weekend to hang out with my mom and go to the opening weekend of the races. She has been cooking for me and taxiing my friends and I around all weekend. My mom has always been such a great mom! She is so loving, nurturing, supportive, and fun, but since my dad died 5 years ago our relationship has taken on a whole new meaning. She is more than just a mom, but she is truly one of my best friends!!! My sister calls us the "Odd Couple" because we bicker like sisters, but I can't tell you how grateful I am for the relationship we have. I always tell her that when I get married (in 2040...ha!), whoever I marry will know that it is a package deal and she will be joining for all holidays, etc.
Race season started well. I did pretty good yesterday, bet on a friend's horse today and won, and I am looking forward to tomorrow. Let the ticket cashing continue! Excited for one more day....
Hope all is well....


3 comments:
First off, you will not be married in 2040. I have a feeling eff will fall in love this year!! Second, you do have a fabulous momma! So glad you have her... and she has you!
Much love!
haha of course I cried when I read this post....i know i know i pulled a jana...and 27 i don't need to say anthing more
Sweet post, Ef. We all bub Debs!! :) Missed y'all this weekend but glad you had fun watching the ponies race.
Post a Comment