Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Peonies

Some of the peonies I grew.
Close up....

Today I am thankful for peonies. Honestly, they are my favorite flowers! I have 2 peony bushes in my backyard and this year I haven't been able to cut them fast enough. These are pictures of some from last year. The smaller bush is the darker pink and then the large bushes blooms are white with the tiniest hint of pink. I cannot tell you how happy it makes me to walk by the different vases in my house and see and smell these flowers. The more I look at them them the more I am amazed at how beautiful they are with their countless number of pettles and their huge blooms. I enjoy just about all flowers minus your carnation, baby's breath, and I'm not the biggest fan of roses. Hydrangeas (which should start blooming next in my yard) and tulips would tie for second place and then I always love a giant sunflower, gerber daisy, daffodil, and cannot get enough of the way a hyacinth smells. I am a sucker for anything floral! Maybe that's the southern girl in me... I love to go out to Garvan Gardens and admire all the beautful flowers. Also, I have done several floral paintings and the huge one hanging in my living room still makes me happy. As I lay there on my yoga mat each morning doing my workout I look up at it and think I painted that. It is one of the only pieces of art I've done that I am not super critical of.
The humidity has set in and wow!!!! Looking forward to summer for many reasons, but that is not one of them....oh well!
Hope all is well....
post signature

0 comments: