Today I am thankful for Panini Caprese sandwiches. Honestly, this is my most favorite sandwich in the world. If you read my blog you know how much I am obsessed with Boulevard Bread Company! They make the best panini caprese sandwiches, but they are only open for lunch so I can usually only get one on Saturdays. Last year, I decided to make my own for supper club one night and they were super yummy and a huge hit! A couple of weeks ago, I took my friend Jenna to Boulevard for the first time and needless to say she is now obsessed and loves this sandwich, too. Last night, after tennis I made them for us and they were super yummy and the closest thing we could get to Boulevard. Here is how I make them....
One baguette cut into four parts and then sliced in half.(I buy mine at Boulevard, but Kroger has baguettes, too.)
Basil pesto (I also buy this from Boulevard, but the kind they sell at the grocery store is good. You can also make your own.)
Olive oil for brusing on the bread
Tomatoes, sliced
Buffola mozzarell, sliced
After slicing the bread, brush the surface with olive oil and place the bread on the panini press, to make the lines and warm the bread. I don't have a panini press and just use the George Forman grill. Spread both the sides with a spoonful of basil pesto. Place tomatoes and mozzarella on one side. Put the top of the sandwich on and voila you have a super yummy sandwich.
Hope all is well....

0 comments:
Post a Comment