Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Martin Luther King, Jr.





So yesterday was Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.  I spent the day snowboarding at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort.  When I taught in Arkansas one of my favorite things was learning and celebrating Martin Luther King.  He was such an amazing man who stood up for what he believed in and pursued his dreams.  Above are some of my favorite quotes of his.  I have watched his "I Have a Dream" speech on countless occasions.  I remember going to D.C. in college and standing where he delivered that famous speech. 
Even though he never saw many of his dreams realized, he still pressed on.  Isn't that so true of our own lives?!  Whether your dream is to get married, have kids, be healed, have a different job, break an addiction or a dream for your children.....don't give up on that dream!  Continue to have faith and hope.  Your dreams may never be realized in your lifetime, but the legacy of your dreams may live on long after you are gone.  Can you imagine in Martin Luther King hadn't dreamed? 

Have a great day!!!!

XOXO-
EEE


0 comments: