This was me today....
Have you ever had a day where nothing went right?!
So today is my last day of break. I had planned to get up, have a leisurely morning, go to church, go snowboarding and then watch the premiere of Downton Abbey. Isn't it funny how the only thing that has happened on that list today is going to church?!
Let me give you a play-by-play of my day....
Woke up at 8. The odd thing is that as I laid there waking up this morning I noticed the scars on my arms from a car wreck I was in when I was 13. It made me reflect on the fact that it is a miracle I lived through being ejected from the car (about 50 feet) and walked away with only a few cuts.
Go downstairs to let the dogs out. Discover that Dale (the giant schnauzer puppy) has not only peed, but pooped his crate and it is all over him.
Feed all the dogs and clean out Dale's crate (in my nightgown, in the snow while Dale jumps on my back). Laughable now that it is over.
Get ready for church.
Start to drive to church with my niece. Pull out of the neighborhood, reach for my purse to get my phone so we can listen to Kidz Bop 31 (ha!) and hit a patch of ice and drive into a snow bank.
Stuck in a snow bank on the side of the road. A Good Samaritan named, Andy, stops to help and tells me that he will go home and get his backhoe and be back in 5 minutes.
Get unstuck thanks to Andy's kindness.
Go home to get phone that I left.
Contemplate skipping church because I am so late.
Go to church...it was awesome!
Leave church to head to the mountain to go snowboarding.
Car is shaking when I am driving. I know nothing about cars and I am concerned, as this is not normal.
Stop at gas station and clean out my car that looks like I am a hoarder.
Put air in tires...maybe that's the problem.
Start to drive to Teton Village. Car is still shaking.
Decide to turn around and head back to town.
Go to grocery store.
Drop off groceries and ski pass at my office.
Go home and tell Curt about my car. He says it is just snow from getting stuck & I need to go to the car wash.
Get Smokey & Coco and head to the car wash for the 2nd time in 2 days! Thankfully, the car stopped shaking!
Walk Smokey & Coco on the levee.
Go to K-Mart.
Come home to relax and watch Downton.
Love these mountains!
But this was the end to my day and holiday break from school.
The day ended up ok, even if it didn't go as planned and through it all God is still good. And thankfully it warmed up today! By warm I mean it got over 10 degrees...ha!
Hope your Sunday was a little more uneventful than mine.
XOXO-
EEE



0 comments:
Post a Comment