Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Catch Up & Running....

Well, it has been a week since I posted.  So much for journaling...ha! 


 Friday's sunset at the Lockhart Ranch.  Totally gorgeous!!!!





This past weekend, I went to see "Joy."  To be perfectly honest, I didn't love it.  I wanted to and I thought it was a great story, but it was slow to get started and then a little anti-climactic.  I would say it is a rental, but not a must see in the theaters. 
Saturday, I went snowboarding.  Side note on snowboarding...  I have skied my whole life and would consider myself a proficient skier.  Last year, I decided to take up snowboarding.  Why not learn how to do something new when you're 32 years old.  There were some frustrating and upsetting moments, but I decided to try it again this Winter.  Saturday, I FINALLY learned how to link my turns and hopefully now I will start to be able to snowboard down more challenging terrain.  Don't get me wrong, I am no expert, but definitely improving.
Sunday, my friend, Jessica and her family, got in town from NYC to start her birthday festivities. 
Monday after school we headed out to the village for a little apres-ski and hot tub hang out at her hotel.  It was so much fun!
Tiff, Winnie, Dave (Jess' hubby) and I enjoying the warm hot tub.

Monday night, I watched the Alabama/Clemson game.  A lot of the bowl games have been blowouts this year, so I was excited that it was a good game.  I am sad College Football season is over, but glad Alabama and the SEC ended up on top.
Tuesday evening, we had Jess' birthday dinner at the Four Seasons.  It was delicious and lots of fun celebrating her.  
I have been unusually tired all week and I am looking forward to a restful and relaxing, long weekend.  Thankful for the upcoming Monday off.
+
Now to running....
For 10 years I ran 6 days/week.  I ran races competitively and it was just part of who I was.  In some ways it was part of my identity.  I was always training for a race, nursing an injury or something running related.  I even had people try to set me up with guys based on the fact that they were fellow runners....ha!  When I moved to Wyoming, I still ran and even joined a running club.  I met some wonderful friends thru running and was still really into it and then Winter hit.  It is insanely cold and the days are really short.  I found it hard to maintain running and I began doing other forms of exercise.  Also, I used running as a weight management tool and when I didn't gain weight from not running, I was like "maybe I don't have to do this so much."  I made a few friends and we hiked together a lot and I lost some of the enjoyment of running.  I kind of burnt myself out on running and in 2015 I might have gone for 10 total runs!  
I decided in 2016, that I wanted to start running again.  This isn't a resolution, but, in the past, running is something that brought me great joy, peace and a sense of accomplishment.  Am I going to run any races....not sure?  Am I going to make it a part of my routine again....not sure?  But Tuesday, I went for my first run.  It was early in the morning, cold and when I got home my eyelashes were perfectly frozen (think white mascara), but it felt so good!  Starting small, but we'll see what comes of it...

Hope everyone is having a great week! 
 Promise I am going to try to do better.  
Going home to make soup now.  It's a new recipe and if it turns out well, I will share....

XOXO-
EEE

0 comments: