Sunday, October 12, 2008

Back in LR

Sweet Baby Ellie
1 day old
Harper wanted someone to make her a bottle.....hysterical!
Harper holding Ellie....precious!
Harper practicing being a big sister.Practice makes perfect.

Helping me get ready. (notice where the watch is...she put it there)
OU fans....all smiles before the big upset.
Classic....those are my shoes.


Harper and I with our "pretend" pacies.

I got back this afternoon from being in Tulsa. (Sarah, I am so jealous of you.) After spending so much time with my mom, my sister, and my two nieces it was very hard to leave today. It has taken all I have to keep from having a complete breakdown since leaving. I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Tulsa. I am so blessed that I not only got to be there to help my sister, but that I could stay a couple of days and spend quality time with my family. I could write a short novel on Harper. She has the cutest personality. She is always doing something that is so funny. She is talking a lot so it is fun to hear her ask for things, and say help, please, and thank you. As most of you know, I am obsessed with my dog Coco. At this stage in life she is "my family." Harper can say her name perfectly and to say that she is obsessed would be the understatement of the century. That is all she talks about. We were at Wal-Greens and I was holding Harper and out of the blue she said "Coco." So I asked her if Coco was outside and she said no, then I asked her if Coco went "night-night" and she said no, then I asked her if Coco was at home on the couch and she said yes. (That is where Coco was when we left.) My most favorite thing is Harper's name for me. Ever since Harper was born I said that I just wanted to me called "F" because I thought Aunt Effie sounded like a 95 year old black woman. As I stated earlier, Harper can say just about everything. So this week when you asked her what my name was she would say "Bees." (I am unsure if this is really what she was saying but that is what it sounded like, and she said the same thing everytime.) If we asked her where F was she would point to me. What is even more odd is that she can say her new sister Ellie's name, which is similar to mine, but she won't say F or Effie. Tonight, when I talked to my mom she said that they were talking about me and Harper started saying "Bees, bees, bees." So maybe the girls will call me "Bees." I'm ready to get back to the swing of things even though I will miss my family.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and has an even more fabulous week! I cannot believe I forgot to say "How 'bout them Hogs!!!"

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Thanks for sharing the new "at home" pictures. Your Mom sent the hospital pictures right away. What a beautiful little family. I can tell the girls are going to love spending time with "Bees". You're family has the best sense of humor-so much laughter! What a blessing!! Love your blog. I hear you're making some amzing artwork. Can you post some pictures for us??? I'll see your Mom and Beth (Dale too) next month in Anchorage. Looking forward to experiencing that "sense of humor" that flows in your family, like no other--what a true gift from
God!

Sarah said...

Im totally serious when I say those are the cutest pics I've EVER seen, Harper is a BEAUTIFUL child!!! I laughed so hard at the one with her and the jug wanting a bottle! How cute is that?!! You look like such a natural with them, I wish you would settle down and make a couple of those yourself! You look great in the pics, cant wait to see you in a couple weeks! Much Love- Sarah

Anonymous said...

Effie! Cute Cute Cute. Those are some sweet pictures! Precious little fam!

Beth said...

Effie, you look beautiful! I loved the blog it made me homesick for you all. I love the picture of Harper in your shoes. They almost look like they fit her. Can you imagine that Dorla put you in a suitcase at that age!