
Here are a mix of photos from about the past 6 years of teaching....
I love my job!!! This is my 10th year of teaching. The first 4 years I taught elementary art. I absolutely loved it and hope one day it all comes full circle and I teach art again. Then, I taught Kindergarten for one year (dear Lord) and Pre-K for 2 years. Next, I moved to Wyoming where I work at a private preschool. I teach Pre-K 3 days a week and am the Director/Principal/Boss the other 2 days. This is my 3rd year in that position. I don't always love being in charge, but overall I really enjoy my job.
Growing up, I didn't want to be a teacher. It's not that it wasn't something that seemed appealing, it just wasn't ever on my radar. I was going to have a more glamorous job or not work...ha!
Also, I didn't go to college for teaching. I have a degree in Apparel Studies and a minor in Marketing. If you are wondering, essentially this is a degree in Fashion Merchandising. I loved my major. It was fun and I still love clothes/fashion! My dad felt like my degree was a waste and strongly encouraged me to go to law school. This wasn't really something I wanted to do, but I figured what's 3 more years "on the payroll." I didn't end up going for many reasons. I went back to school for teaching after talking to one of my mom's friend's daughters.
Just a little side note... I hate working and never thought I would've worked this many years...ha! With that being said, I do love my job! So, since I have to work, I am happy it is being a teacher.
Over the years, teaching has led me to some of the greatest people, family, friends and colleagues.
To name a few....
Molly McKnight Strom- she and I taught together from the start. I was a bridesmaid in her wedding and we moved schools together. The last 2 years of teaching Pre-K with her were the best! She is still one of my dearest friends and closest confidants.
Linda Mellberg- still one of the most creative and coolest teachers I have ever encountered.
Casie Williams Selig- my first/best assistant. She always executed things just how I liked them. We had lots of fun, she's a great tennis partner and a great friend. It is so fun to see what an amazing teacher she has become.
Gina Glover- who single handedly helped me survive my year teaching Kindergarten. Gina was an angel in my life that year.
Erin Abel (Peach)- my former colleague/boss in Wyoming. She is a dear southern friend and so thankful for her!
Katie Moteberg- my left shark bucket list buddy and former teaching colleague. Many times of laughter with her and I cherish her friendship!
Sophie Chapman- a former student who stole my heart. I admire and love her sweet family.
Winter Grace Morgan- if I never taught Winter I wouldn't know Tiff and be blessed by her friendship. Winter brings so much joy to my life and they truly are family.
Cash Halpin- such a sweet soul. Taking care of him and his T1D needs has been a challenge and an opportunity. He is such a strong little boy and I admire his parents, immensely! Also, I consider them great friends.
These are just a few of the many teachers, parents and kids that have impacted my life over the years.
It is so funny how rarely our lives go "as planned." I never planned to be a teacher, move to Wyoming or be the Director of a school, but I firmly believe that it has all been orchestrated by God. I know that in my own striving/planning I could have never made this puzzle work the way He has. Yet another reason Jeremiah 29:11 is my fave!
XOXO-
EEE














0 comments:
Post a Comment