Nanny and I over the years.
95 and chillin poolside.
Right after I met Winter.
Coco love.
Snowboarding buddies.
SXSW fun.
Cabo darling....
Dreaming of snowboarding.
7th bday fun!
Yesterday, was 2 of my favorite people's birthday.
My Nanny turned 96! She is still pretty with it for 96. She has a hard time getting around these days, but is still quite witty and with it. Except when she can't hear you and thinks your someone else. This happened yesterday when I called to wish her a "happy birthday." We talked for about 20 minutes before she realized I wasn't Phebe...ha! Growing up, I loved going to Nanny's. She was always cooking and we always played games. In the summer, she had a big garden and a huge backyard with the best climbing trees. She always stood in the driveway when we would leave and she would wave and cry. I remember my dad always saying, "mom don't cry!" I am sure it made him feel bad, but also annoyed him a bit because she acted like she was never going to see us again. Looking back, it was so sweet and just a sign of her deep love and affection for us. And in all honesty, we never know when the last time we are going to see someone. Many times we take for granted the time spent with loved ones. Not to be a downer or make it like you should live in fear, but just a good reminder to tell people you love them.
Yesterday, was also Winter's birthday. To say I love this girl would be a gross understatement! As much as her mom is my best friend, Winter is, too. We have traveled to some fun places together. We love to watch shows together, run errands, go to dinner, take the dogs on walks and list could go on. She has such a sweet, kind spirit and always makes me laugh! I took her for a special birthday breakfast yesterday and mid-meal she says, "Miss Effie, I am so glad you live with us." I asked her "why" and she said, "I don't need a reason, I just like it." Later on I told her how sweet that was and how it warmed my heart and she said, "you keep that in your heart." I have no idea how long I will live with them, but truly cherish the time. True friends are hard to find and friends that become your family are an invaluable treasure!
Yesterday, was a reminder to me to celebrate life! We had a great day filled with fun, joy and love.
XOXO-
EEE









0 comments:
Post a Comment