February 4, 1978
Steve and Debby Edwards
Today would have been my parent's 38th wedding anniversary. Last night, someone asked me if I missed my dad and I audibly said, "ha!" I mean absolutely I miss him! There are days that go by when I don't think about him that much and other days when the pangs of missing him cannot be explained, but they are deep. It will be 11 years this April since he passed away.
He and my mom met at Brookhill Ranch. This is a camp that my dad had worked at in the past and my mom was working at for the Summer. That was August and they were married by February. Can we say whirlwind?! I am A LOT like my dad, so I don't see myself marrying someone like him, but someone with his values and commitment to family...absolutely!
My mom and dad were by no means perfect and I won't make it seem like they never argued, but it wasn't much (that I remember) and they really loved each other. They were committed to our family, their marriage and ultimately Christ.
My mom and I were driving back from Tulsa one day and were talking about my dad. She said, "to this day he is the coolest person I have ever known." I thought that was so cute and sweet. Not sure about y'all, but I know the feeling she was talking about. It is more than just a butterflies you like someone feeling, it is the feeling that everything they say, do, suggest, etc. seems like the best idea and you cannot wait to hang out with them again! Imagine that feeling about your spouse...awesome!
How cute are they in their wedding photos?!
Happy almost weekend!
XOXO-
EEE
1 comments:
Thanks EFFIE for such a sweet post and such a wonderful trip down memory lane!
Post a Comment