Tuesday, February 16, 2016

COCO!!!!

Coco at 6 months old...

 Her and her husband Gizmo.
 Her Valentine card from this year.
 When she was 5 in our backyard in Little Rock.
 Miss October
 Trying out for the Rockettes.
 Sweet girl.
 Our cameraman on a back country hike.
 Love her snow beard!
 Hiking Snow King.
 Snuggle monster.
 My little pumpkin.
 Photobomb!
 Hiking in Dubois
 Taggart Lake hike.
 "I'm So Fancy..."
 We own our very own "cone of healing."
 Chariot rides.
 Chris Cranford original photo.
This morning on her 11th birthday!

Yes, I am a crazy dog lady...ha!  I got Coco 2 weeks after I graduated from college.  My dad had recently passed away and I had been wanting a dog of my own forever.  My aunt had a little Yorkie named "Baby" and it made me want to get a Yorkie, too.  I found these people about 30 minutes away and my sis and I went and looked at their puppies.  I decided I wanted to get Coco.  She had a brother and a sister, but was hanging out alone in her pin.  My mom and I went back and got her that afternoon and that is where the adventure begins.  She has had her fair share of health problems, but as always been the sweetest, sassiest littlest love.  She ended up being much smaller than I had intended.  She only weighs a little over 2.5 lbs, on a good day.  She can't jump on or off things, but has proved herself very sturdy.  She loves to go on walks/hikes, play with/eat her Yorkie food, go for bike rides, lay on her heating pad and spend time alone.  She is very introverted...ha!  She is my constant companion and has definitely seen me through some hard times.  
Disclaimer....she is very poorly behaved and will go to the bathroom in the house after all these years, just to show she is the Alpha.  She does this annoying little growl/bark when she wants attention and will act like she wants you to pick her up and then she runs away.  
Regardless, I still love her and hope we have many more years together.  
Dogs really do make the best friends.
Cheers and happy birthday to my littlest love!

XOXO-
EEE 

0 comments: