The title of this post was the title of the sermon at church this past week. It really made me think because "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" by U2 is one of my favorite songs. Sometimes I feel like it is my theme song...ha! The pastor went on to talk about ways to find what you should be looking for...God. It also made me think that instead of looking, this year I want to do some learning. I want to learn from my experiences, good and bad. I want to learn from my friends, random strangers, myself and most importantly from God.
By definition here is what a resolution is....
res·o·lu·tion/ˌrezəˈlo͞oSHən/
Noun:
A firm decision to do or not to do something.
With that thought it is not only a decision to do but NOT to do something. I decided to make a 2 resolutions....1 thing I want to do and 1 thing I don't want to do. So here goes....
I want to commit to having a daily devotion. The sermon at church confirmed this resolution because she said, that how can you find what you are looking for if you are not committing to a time of prayer and devotion, daily.
res·o·lu·tion/ˌrezəˈlo͞oSHən/
Noun:
A firm decision to do or not to do something.
With that thought it is not only a decision to do but NOT to do something. I decided to make a 2 resolutions....1 thing I want to do and 1 thing I don't want to do. So here goes....
I want to commit to having a daily devotion. The sermon at church confirmed this resolution because she said, that how can you find what you are looking for if you are not committing to a time of prayer and devotion, daily.
My mom gave me these books and I hope that they will be a guide for my devotions.
I DON'T want to be so hard on myself. Sometimes it's easier for me to point out my imperfections. Don't get me wrong, there are things I know I'm good at and things I like about myself, but sometimes it's easier for me to point out that bad as opposed to the good. My goal for this year is to take the good with the bad and make each experience, a learning experience!

Hoping to find happiness in "this" moment and try not to look back or ahead at other moments.
With that being said, I look forward to 2012! Most of all I hope it brings JOY to me and you!!!!
Side note...Going to try real hard to do better about blogging. Sometimes feel like I have nothing interesting to say, but once I start writing it usually makes me feel good to get some thoughts out there.
Hope all is well....
-EEE
Postress from my iPhone

1 comments:
I can think of a million things you are good at and/or I admire about you!! Hope we see you lots and lots in 2012
Post a Comment