Monday, January 16, 2012

In the Words Of....

Growing up I knew a little big about Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Mainly I knew about his famous I have a dream speech. Once I became a teacher, I started teaching my students about Dr. King, therefore, I had to learn more about him. I would love to go to the new memorial in D.C. In honor of his birthday yesterday and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. day today, here are some of my favorite quotes of Dr. King's.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity.

Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.

Life's most persistent and urgent question is, "What are you doing for others?"

Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into friend.

Never succumb to the temptation of bitterness.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.

To be a Christian without prayer is no more possible than to be alive without breathing.

Peace is not merely a distant goal that we seek, but a means by which we arrive at that goal.

Hope all is well.....


- EEE
Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments: