Thursday, July 1, 2010

Home Projects

My new desk for my record player.View of desk and bed.
New lamps in the living room. Before cabinets....excuse the messy counter.Before cabinets....
After...all white!
After cabinets....
Another after view....
Today I am thankful for home projects. This is one reason I have been M.I.A. from the blog. I have a couple other small things to do, but the major projects are done. I painted my kitchen cabinets white. They were a tan color...not bad, but it look so great now that they are WHITE! Also, I bought a desk to put my record player on. It was a whopping $20. I painted it black and it looks great! I still need to put some new handles on it, but it really rounds out the guest room. Also, I bought that lamp for $5 and painted it black. I tried to recover some old lampshades, but it didn't look good so that lampshade ended up costing more than the lamp...ha! I am always happy that I took on a project when it's done. I think this is one of the first home projects that I have taken on that I didn't have thoughts of abandoning the whole thing mid-project and crying...ha!
Also, I am so thankful for my drill. The cabinet doors wouldn't have come off or been put back on that easy without my drill. In other news, I highly recommend the new Twilight movie Eclipse. I have read all the books and this was my least favorite, but this was my MOST favorite movie by far!!!! It was action packed, moved fast, and I definitely want to see it again.
I'm looking forward to celebrating the 4th with family and friends this weekend. Now if I could just find a swimsuit I liked....
Hope all is well....

post signature


0 comments: