Today I am thankful for crafts. Anyone who read this blog and knows me personally knows how much I love a craft project. I have taught elementary Art for 4 years and personally always have some project "in the works." The theme of my new classroom is going to be The Edwards Corral. Last night my best teacher friend Molly and I decided we were going to work on some stuff for our new classrooms. Side note...I went and toured the school yesterday and got to see my new classroom and there is only one word to describe it....AMAZING!!!! We made name tags last night. Our students aren't going to have the standard plain name tags. They are all different, fun paper with a horseshoe (mine) or owl (Molly's) accent. I'm also going to make corresponding big horseshoes to go above their hooks where they will hang their backpacks. Once we get our class lists we'll write their names and then laminate them. Next week, we are going to work on the "special" chairs where the king/queen or in my class the sheriff will sit. I cannot wait for this new school year to begin...in the words of Dr. Seuss "Oh the Places We Will Go!" Also, I started a blog for my new classroom where I'll post information and fun stuff that is going on in our room. It is mainly for the parents, but if you are ever bored and want to read a funny school story stop by. The address is www.missedwardscorral.blogspot.com
Hope all is well....

2 comments:
I am SOOOOO excited for you, Effie. What a fabulous teacher you will be!!!! I used to love to think about name tags, coat hook tags etc. I can't wait to hear about your little people! I will be checking out your new blog for sure. Best of luck to you! Always remember, each little person is somebody's precious baby and they deserve to be treated that way!! (even when they don't act so precious!) LOL
Love you!!
Angela
I am just now seeing this blog...I love it and I am loving our crafts. We are making memories!!
Post a Comment