Thursday, July 8, 2010

Pictures

The new gallery wall in my house.
The other wall.

Today I am thankful for pictures. I love to take pictures. Who doesn't want to look back on the memories that pictures capture?! I have been wanting to create a gallery wall in my house for awhile now, but actually getting the pics selected, printing them out, buying the frames and ultimately hanging them (correctlty) is a bit of a chore. I picked out 24 picks of me, Coco, friends, and family. These pictures capture the past couple of years. My 20's have been great and these walls are a refelction of those many wonderful memories. As I stepped back and looked at these walls last night, I couldn't help but get a little teary eyed and thankful. I hope to add to these walls as the years go by.
All the pictures are black and white and as I looked at them I realized that almost half of them were taken with my iPhone. Not a bad camera... I have to thank my best friend Sarah. She contributed many of the photos...after much badgering...just kidding. Also, the photos of myself, my friend Derek took. I have never liked having my picture taken solo, but I had to get over it and a couple of these pics actually turned out ok. Just a couple more projects to go, but so far they have been well worth the effort.
I feel that I haven't really updated the events of my summer...even though it hasn't been very eventful. I'm keeping the Jenkins girls again and thanks to all the pool time have a great tan. I've been reading, working on home projects, taking care of my mom post-surgery, playing tennis, and lately I've been a running machine! Also, I've been enjoying time on the lake. All in all it has been a rather uneventful, but wonderful summer so far! Looking forward to a couple of little trips to round out the summer.
Hope all is well....

post signature

0 comments: