Today I am thankful for goals. The quote above is also on my blog header because it is my fave. I am not the biggest fan of quotes, but for some reason I feel like this one embodies ME! I'm a firm believer that you have to be happy where you are in life or you'll always be reaching for and wanting other things and ultimately never really be happy. With that being said, on Sunday night my mom and some family friends brought over my new dining room table. It is so retro and I love it. I am having the chairs recovered and once they get done I'll post pics. After we got the table in we all went to dinner. Neill was one of my dad's closest friends. He always called my dad "The Big Dog" and now calls me that in his honor....ha! He has really been there for me since my dad died. He also was a big runner back in the day and has come to most of my races and cheered me on. While we were at dinner he asked me what my goal for this school year was. Honestly, with this being a new grade level and new school I said just to make it through the year and successfully get my students ready for 1st grade. Then, he asked me what my 5 year goal was....this took some thought. I told him that on the spot the only thing I could think of that I really wanted to do in the next 5 years was to say that I had been on several "acts of service" trips. If you are wondering what I mean by "acts of service," I just want to go on some trips and help out at an orphanage, free clinic, or my dream come true...a TOMS shoe drop. Before I could think of more goals, he said, "so if you were to wake up in 5 years, still live in Little Rock, still be teaching, and have gone on some service trips you would be happy?!" Without any hestitation I said, "YES!" I think this goes back to the quote at the beginning. I have no idea where the next 5 years will take me, but I do know that as uneventful, not exciting, or non-glamorous my life may seem to others.....I'm happy. I have so much to be THANKFUL for!!! This is my last week with the Jenkins before going back to get my classroom ready. This weekend is the DRJII tennis tournament. This is one of my favorite weekends of the year. I feel like it is a great end to the summer before going back to work.
Hosting my first record party tonight....ha! I'm having my supper club group over for dinner and then after we are going to jam out to all my old records. I know this is dorky, but I'm so excited!
Hope all is well....

1 comments:
I love this,Eff! It is so important to be happy and content in the here and now, and not try to fast forward or rewind. You do a great job of that!! Thanks for the reminder and looking forward to seeing you this weekend! Loves!
Post a Comment