Wednesday, January 28, 2009

January 28th


26 years ago today I was born. So far, life has been full of love, laughter, great friends, and even better family. I am so thankful!
Today, isn't all smiles though. One year ago today my friend Mel's husband, John Glasgow, went missing. This year has been filled with lots of questions and unfortunately they still have no answers. Please say a prayer for Mel and her family, today. She might be one of the strongest people I know. There is a saying..."Here is to strong women everywhere. May we know them, may we raise them, may we be them." This quote embodies Mel.
Also, 5 years ago tonight (early morning) my friend David Johnson was killed. A lot of wonderful things have happened to the Johnson family since that tragic night, but nothing will ever completely fill that void. I will never forget David and all of his funny "ways." He was someone who you couldn't help smiling when you were around them. Please think of them today/tomorrow.
I'll have pics from tonight. I am so excited to celebrate with some of the best friends in the world. (Sarah I will miss you!)

2 comments:

Blaine said...

Happy 26th Effie! I hope you have a fabulous celebration! Miss ya...love ya!

Blaine

Unknown said...

I hope you had a great birthday! See you soon!!

Steph