Today I am thankful for my dad. It is hard to believe, but 5 years ago today he died. It is so unbelievable how times passes so quickly. Not a day goes by that I don't miss him or think about him. Honestly, most of the time it would just be nice to talk to him. I wish we could get a telephone line to heaven...ha! Sometimes after people die, people go on and on about how great the person was, but seriously my dad was the BEST!!! There were 1200 people at his funeral if that says anything.... My dad had the best advice, was caring, was so fun and funny, knew more about football than me, loved our family, was a great provider, and the list could go on. You never wanted him to be disappointed in you, but when he was you knew it. More importantly, when he was proud of you, you knew it and so did everyone else!!! As I become an adult and my life changes it makes it even harder to not have him around. There are so many milestones I have had since he died and I am sure there will be many more to come. It breaks my heart that I don't have him to share these with. I know this isn't the happiest of posts, but this is my blog and my dad meant the world to me!!!
Hope all is well....


4 comments:
praying for you today, sweet lady! he sounds like an amazing man!! xoxo
This one brought on tears...and some really sweet memories :)
Sara
ugg! yesterday was my daddy's birthday...i feel your pain. i did a post on him as well!
Love you Eff! A phone line to heaven would be amazing! I have a poem that I read and one line says;
"I know how much you miss me. I see the pain inside your heart, but I'm not so far away. we really aren't apart." I love that! Your dad must be SO proud of the lady you have become! Love you lots!
Post a Comment