Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Giving

Blake Mycoskie, Chief Shoe Giver for TOMS and I
Today I am thankful for giving. So many people out there have a "giving" spirit and I have been blessed in my life to know some wonderful "givers!" Today I was lucky enough to attend the Baptist Health Bolo Bash Luncheon. The guest speaker was Blake Mycoskie, the Chief Shoe Giver for TOMS shoes. As you know, I think the principle behind this company is remarkable!!! I was so excited to hear him speak and then afterwards I got to meet him and share with him about how my students participated in the "One Day Without Shoes" and how they know all about TOMS shoes and what they do. He thought this was cool and was excited to hear that kids are catching the TOMS bug, too. He told the story about how the concept and company came in to existence, but at the end he explained the importance of giving. In a nutshell, he said that there really isn't a way that we can give, in whatever capacity, and it not make us happier and benefit our lives. This is so true! I cannot think of a time that I have given to something or someone and not felt great afterwards. If you don't own a pair of TOMS you should! Buy a pair for you, a friend, or a family member. To think that they have given away 600,000 pairs of shoes in under 4 years is phenomenal!!!!
Hope all is well....

post signature

1 comments:

Sarah said...

The future Mr and Mrs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am waiting on the email. Im serious!