Today I am thankful that I am no longer a vegan!!! I decided to become a vegan for lent this year. Honestly, this was the hardest 40 days that I can remember! It took some major self-discipline. During the week when I ate at home and took my lunch it wasn't that difficult, but on the weekends and when I went out to eat it was very hard! I did this because I have been a vegatarian for about 17 years and I thought it wouldn't be that different. Boy, was I wrong!!! Basically, you can eat very little prepared foods. No cookies, cake, pancakes, chocolate and the list goes on and on. I don't eat a lot of bad foods (except on Sunday...my free day), but being a vegan gives you very little bad food options. I now can see why vegans are so skinny. I don't feel that this lent choice brought me closer to God. Actually, I think it might have made me a little bitter.... This week has been so nice because I have had the freedom to eat whatever and not worry if it has any animal bi-products in it. I did discover a few good things, food wise, that I plan on continuing even though lent is over.
Anna's wedding is this weekend and I couldn't be more excited!!!! Tomorrow is my Friday! I am so pumped to see so many of my favorite people in one place!!!
Hope all is well....

0 comments:
Post a Comment