Monday, March 28, 2016

Easter Weekend Fun!!!

Girls Night at the Rustic Inn
Met up with my dear friend Mel's husband and his friend.
 
Twinning at the Easter Egg Hunt on the Town Square

Saturday snuggles with my favorite girl!

Saturday, we took Daley Bear for a run to Smith's. 
 Super cool cloud iridescence on Saturday afternoon. 
 Panoramic shot from yesterday mornings sunrise service.  Where day meets night...
 
The cross at the top of the gondola as the sun began to rise.
As the sun broke through the clouds for the first time yesterday morning.
Happy Easter!!!
Yesterday was also my oldest nieces 9th birthday.  She made me an Auntie...one of my favorite honors in life!
 
Last week, the struggle was real!!!  It was the week before Spring Break and I had at least 2 teachers out for various reasons everyday.  I normally have an assistant on the days that I teach, but I had to teach solo all last week.  I work in my office on T/Th, but had to teach those days because we were short staffed.  By the time Friday came, I couldn't have been more excited for Spring Break.  
Thursday evening, we went to Rustic Inn and met my friend Mel's husband who was here skiing with his kiddos and a friend.  After they left, we just had some girl time.  This has kind of become a Thursday thing and I love it!  It is a struggle for me to get there, as I am tired and ready for Friday (especially this week), but I am always glad I went.  
Friday, I was in my pjs by 5 p.m. and watched a movie and hit the hay.
Saturday, we took Winter to the Easter Egg Hunt on the Town Square.  We be-bopped around town after that and then came home after lunch.  Tiff and I ran Daley Bear to Smith's, grocery shopped for Easter and then came back to the house and chilled.  
Sunday, I got up super early for the sunrise service.  As I sleepily drove out to the mountain, I thought "why am I doing this?!"  I know why....1. it is beautiful and the views are stunning, 2. because who knows how long I will live here and get to experience God's grandeur, and 3. why not...you can sleep anytime and this is once a year!  It was well worth it and I was so glad I made the effort to get there.  As you can see from the above pics, it was a stunning sunrise!  I came back and went to RC with the fam.  We had a chill lunch and then I prepped a bit for Easter dinner.  I watched "Best of Me" (I do not recommend it) and tried to nap.  I couldn't nap so I got up, started drinking wine (ha!) and making my dinner contributions.   We had a delicious dinner filled with lots of laughter and fun!
Overall it was a great Easter weekend and start to Spring Break!!!  I cannot fully express what Easter means to me.  It means Lent is over, He is Risen and so much more....
Being a Christian, my faith is such an integral part of who I am!  I was lucky enough to be brought up in a Christian home with parents who loved God with their whole hearts.  My faith has always been there, but as an adult I had to make the choice for myself.  My testimony can be summed up in one word...FAITHFULNESS.  God's faithfulness throughout my life is truly astonishing and I know without his sovereignty it would be a pile of @#$%!
I saw this quote yesterday on the program at the Sunrise service and it couldn't have been more fitting...
"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen; not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." -C.S. Lewis
I am thankful for the death, the resurrection and the fulfillment of so many prophecies.  Yesterday, today and as long as I have breath, my hope is in the ONE who conquered sin and death and loves me with an everlasting love!!!

Happy Easter and Spring Break!
Hope everyone has a great week!
XOXO-
EEE


0 comments: