Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Spring Break

 Iris in mom's yard.
 Sunset on the first night.
Alligator farm fun.
 Oaklawn infield.
 The track.




 Garvan Gardens fun.

 The adorable fairy garden. 
 Coco loved it, too!

 Anthony Chapel.
 Superior Bathhouse Brewery
 Coco loving the sun!

 Made this super cute hat to celebrate my time off. 
 Dinner with 2 of my dearest and oldest friends!
 2 yorkies, 1 flight...ha!
Sunset on Saturday night back in JH!

Spring Break was a blast!!!  In Jackson, we get 2 weeks off for Spring Break.  I spent the first 3 days at home and on Thursday, Coco, Winter, Tiff and I headed to Arkansas.  I refuse to go in the summer as it is too hot and I wanted to see my mom since her hip replacement.  Tiff and Winter decided to join and have a Southern experience....ha!  We had great warm weather and it was so lovely to see everything in bloom.  It was like Jackson in June.  
We spent the whole week just hanging with my mom in Hot Springs.  As great as it would have been to see more people, it is just too hard and I always come back exhausted when I try to see everyone.

A couple reflections from the trip...
I truly love the South!  I am so happy I have firm, Southern roots.  There is something about the simplicity and slow pace that I love.  Not sure if I will ever call it home again, but so proud that it is where I came from.  
My mom makes the best popcorn on the planet!
If you ever have a chance to go to Anthony Chapel...do.  It is simply stunning! 
I forget how strong people's Southern accents can be and there were a couple times I needed a translator...ha!
I still dislike the humidity.
Oaklawn Race Track is still one of my favorite places on the planet!
Arkansas has a truly beautiful and diverse landscape. 

I have been pretty tired since we started back to school.  I feel like I had more things to say about the trip, but my thoughts are weak today...ha!  
Hope all is well...

XOXO-
EEE


0 comments: