I love this video and how it shows that even this sweet baby is moved by knowing what a Good Father he has!!!
Below is a scripture and text that I sent to a few friends back in August. It still rings so true. I have had a few good months where I haven't painfully missed my dad and where I can talk about him and tell the story about his accident without needing to go have a complete breakdown afterwards. Sometimes, it is shocking to me that I still miss my dad so much. I mean in about 6 weeks it will be 11 years! That is a long time to be without someone and to miss them. Before losing my dad, I had lost a few loved ones, but no as close to me as my dad. It is kind of surreal the impact it has on your life and how hard it is to explain or describe to others the intense feeling of loss.
Don't get me wrong... I truly believe in God's perfect plan and sovereignty. I know that my life would be drastically different if my dad were still alive, but it doesn't make me miss him less or wish for just one more day to hang out with him.
Whether or not your earthly father is still living and you have a great relationship or he has passed away or maybe for whatever reason you have a broken relationship....regardless, may you find comfort and peace in the words.
The verse and text I sent....
" Psalm 68:5 says, "A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling." To be perfectly honest I have never gotten over my dad dying 10 years ago. It still devastates me and breaks my heart every day! The Scripture is such a comfort, but this song came out this year and it's even more comforting to me. Just wanted to share it with you...."
XOXO!!!
EEE

0 comments:
Post a Comment