Saturday, May 21, 2011

You've Got to be Kidding!!!!

All this week, Coco and I have been staying at Renee's with Mr. French. I have been going back and forth to my house because I inevitably forgot some things. Yesterday around 6 p.m., I decided to take a "load" of stuff over to my house. It has been raining like cats and dogs and I thought that the less trips in and out of the rain the better. When I pulled in my driveway, I noticed the side gate was slightly open, butI really didn't think anything of it. When I walked up on my front porch, I noticed my front door was open. I definitely didn't leave my front door open...I had been ROBBED!!!!!! I immediately called the police. Then, I started crying because it scared me. While I waited on the police, I went over to my friend's who lives across the street and Kasey and Pat who live a couple of houses up came down. How did they get in....they threw a rock thru the window in my bathroom and stepped on something to climb in the bathroom window. They went thru everything!!!! My house was a disaster!!! As of right now, I think they only took the flat screen in my bedroom and my laptop. Small electronics that they can carry. Why didn't my alarm go off??!!! Well it did, but they cut the power long enough to where the telephone line "blinked" and didn't send the alarm call out. I waited til about 10 last night to get the window boarded up and the alarm reset. I am so frustrated and angry!!! Honestly, get your own @#$%!!!! I work and buy my own stuff and they should, too! I am sure they just pawned the stuff and got the cash, but that computer had all my pictures on it. I am thankful that I wasn't there and in the grand scheme of things it's just stuff. Not the greatest way to start a weekend, but I guess it can only get better....ha!

Hope all is well....

post signature

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Effie!! How scary! I'm so glad that you weren't there. I can't believe the alarm didn't go off, there has to be a better system. I'm so sorry that happened to you!! I hope you feel safe again really soon. Love you!

In This Wonderful Life said...

oh my word!!! I'm so sorry, Effie! That would scare me and make me so upset, too!!!