Sunday, May 1, 2011

-isms

2 of my favorite pictures of my Dad.


Yesterday, was the 6th year anniversary of my dad's accident and death. If you've lost a loved one you know that sometimes a random Tuesday can be harder than days like yesterday. Also, milestones and important events are the hardest things for me. In my opinion, time doesn't make a loss better. Time makes the loss more of a reality and that reality is very hard! My mom told me the other day that this year was going to be her year of jubilee. I thought this was interesting and had to look up the word jubilee...I love that it means "an expression of great joy." My mom has been a great example during the past 6 years and I can't wait to see what this year holds for her.

Several things about my dad...he loved our family, God, oldies music, football, football, and more football, the Razorbacks, wearing pajamas, our river property and the list could go on and on.

Now to the title of this post. My dad loved little sayings. Sometimes they didn't really make sense or sounded made up. Several of his close friends called them Steve-isms. I thought I would share a couple of my favorites. Good luck on figuring out their meanings. Maybe you'll find yourself using one of them...ha!

"That dog won't hunt."

"It ain't worth a hill of beans."

"It's hard to soar with eagles when you're surrounded by buzzards."


Hope all is well....

post signature

2 comments:

Debby said...

Sweet thoughts and good memories

John said...

Effie great thoughts about your Dad. I miss him too. I heard so many of his isms working for him and your Mom. Some were even about you kids. I can't tell you how much I miss him and all his wisdom. Truly a great man! I love your blog.

John Williams