Sunday, March 13, 2011

Nature

Friday night celebrating the fabulous Dr. Deacon's birthday!
Coco and I and a sea of tulips at Garvan Gardens
Love how this camellia still has petals that haven't bloomed...
I like how these tulips fan out at the top. These are the perfect shade of "Barbie" pink.
Love these orange/red and yellow striped tulips.
I thought this looked like a sea of tulips...almost looks fake!
Daffodil hill.
Even nature knows that red and pink are in style right now and make a great combo!
These yellow and white tulips embody Spring.
I took this picture of the hyacinths with my hipstamatic app.
The view from Goat Rock mountain.
Me on top of Goat Rock.
The view from below Goat Rock.

This weekend I have gotten out and enjoyed nature. Currently as I sit here writing this I am sitting outside on the porch swing enjoying my coffee.
Friday evening we celebrated Brita's birthday. Yesterday morning, I got up and went for a long run. It was sunny and pretty warm. I decided on Thursday, to come to Hot Springs on Saturday afternoon and go to Garvan Gardens. I knew I wouldn't be able to come over again for awhile and figured by the time I could most of the daffodils, tulips, and hyacinths wouldn't be at their peak bloom. After I picked up Coco from the groomer, we headed over. The tulips were truly breathtaking. I was in awe at all the different types. I love tulips, but this might have solidified them as my favorite.... This morning, I convinced my mom to go hiking. We woke up kind of late and only went for about an hour. It probably worked out since I forgot my shoes and had to wear a pair of Converse All-Stars I had brought. We hiked up to Goat Rock Mountain and climbed up the rock. The view at the top was so pretty because a lot of the morning clouds hadn't burned off yet.
As much as I love to dress up and consider myself kind of prissy, I do love to go hiking, camping, fishing, kayaking, etc. Sometimes it's hard to find people who want to go do those kind of things. I'm going to try and go climb Pinnacle one day this week. It's getting close to that time of year....are my legs ready...ha! Hope you've had a chance to get out and enjoy nature and the beautiful weather this weekend.
Hope all is well....
post signature

0 comments: