
Yesterday I went to Oaklawn for the first time this season. It was so foggy that on the backstretch they couldn't see to tell you who was in the lead. It was crazy! I didn't have the luckiest of days, but there will be many more days spent at Oaklawn this season so hopefully I'll recover. On Friday, my class was listing reasons why it was a Fantastic Friday and I told them that my Friday was fantastic because it was opening day of horse racing season. They know how much I love horses. This morning, one of my students asked me if I had fun and then another asked who won. This conversation culminated in me explaining what a jockey was and one of my students told me that maybe one day I could win a horse race...on a horse. I explained that no I wasn't a jockey and one of them said why not..."you're small and fast!" Love those kids!!!
It got me to thinking about jockey's style. I love the white pants and riding boots. If I were to pick out jockey silks for myself, they would definitely involve polka dots and bright colors...ha! It would also probably have my signature Ee on the back.
Hope all is well....


0 comments:
Post a Comment