Coco and Mommy back together again.
This screen was amazing!!!
BONO!!!
Getting the stage ready for U2
Sisters at the concert.
Black Eyed Peas "Where is the Love"
"Tonight's gonna be a good night...."
Walking to the concert
Being silly in the car
"All the cigarettes...."
Heading to the concert
The BEST friends!!!
I LOVE this pic!
Coco's paintingAs I write this, I am 100% exhausted!!! I have had a very busy, but fun filled week/weekend!! It all started on Thursday evening with Paws on the Runway. It was at the Governor's Mansion. Meredith was escorting one of the dogs and Coco's painting was being unveiled. Friday night, Barrett and Kasey had people over but I didn't stay too late because I had to get up early for the Race For the Cure. It was great to see all those people out in support of such a great cause. I medaled again this year, but didn't run my best time. I went to a post-race brunch at a co-worker's house and then off to spend time with my best friends! We all watched the game together. It was such a happy/sad ending. It was great to see us play so well, but it was such a let-down to know we came so close to winning. Saturday night, Stephanie and Jimbo had their engagement party. It was so great to see some people that I don't get to see often. I was thoroughly worn out afterwards and came home and bundled up. It was chilly on Saturday night and I had to breakdown and turn the heat on for the first time this year. Sunday morning, we went as a staff to Immanuel Baptist Church. They have done a lot of things for Terry this year and we wanted to show our support and appreciation. I was in charge of organizing this event, but wasn't supposed to/prepared to speak. Our principal was going to present a plaque, but at the last minute (literally) I was put on the spot to go up on the stage!! For those of you who don't know, IBC is not a small church. If I had to guess, I would say there were about 1,000 people there! I like to talk, but wouldn't consider myself a good public speaker, but I think it went well. Then, I headed to Tulsa for U2!!!
My sister invited me to go with her and some of their friends kind of last minute. I knew I had to go as this would be an amazing experience (or so I thought)! I wasn't truly prepared for how awesome this experience would be!!! This was the first leg of their tour that the Black Eyed Peas were opening for them. They were awesome!!! They sang all of their good songs and Fergie even performed "Big Girls Don't Cry." They ended their set with "I Gotta Feeling" and it could not have been a more perfect night!! The weather and the setting were fabulous!! Then they got the stage ready for U2. I cannot accurately put into words how amazing there performance was. I cried during three different songs. My most favorite U2 and one of my favorite songs ever is "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For!" When they played this song it was a religious type experience for me. A lot of their songs have religious themes and this one does for me. I think it applies to a place where I am in my life right now, too. Not that I am not happy with where I am in my life, but that there are still a lot of parts of my life that aren't "settled." They went straight from this song into "Stand By Me" by The Tempations. They played all their other classics mixed in with some of their new songs. Overall, it was a "Bucket List" type experience for me and if they every come back in the vicinity of me agian I will definitely go!!! My eyes are literally burning so I won't go into any more detail. I have a short week at school because we have Friday off., but I have a lot on the social calendar.
Hope all is well....


1 comments:
Man oh man....so jealous you got to go to U2! And I love the Peas too. I can't think of anything better!! Lucky you!
Post a Comment