Sunday, December 14, 2008

Ring Ring

I was recruited a couple of weeks ago by Mel to ring the bell for the Salvation Army. This is something that was very important to John and they do it every year. My shift was Saturday morning from 10 to noon. Renee and I were in front of the Kroger in Hillcrest or as she likes to call it "The Hippie Kroger." (Mel and I prefer to call it "The Peoples Kroger.") We had a lot of donations. I don't know if it was just peoples generous spirit or the fact that Renee and I were singing Christmas carols and they wanted us to stop?! Either way we had a lot of fun. At one point we got cold and were doing the Cupid Shuffle. It was quality entertainment and I can't wait to do it again next year!!!
After we went to Scallions and had yummy cheese soup and warmed up. Then I headed to Dumas for Claudia's wedding. I don't have any pics because I forgot my camera (bummer). Everything was beatiful and we had so much fun! Claudia looked stunning and she wore her mother's dress. It was really special! Congrats to Claudia and Lance!!
I have a lot going on this week so I am going to bed extra early.

Renee and I

Chris got exercise and did a good deed!
These kids had just come from a pj party......adorable!

Mel and Melinda


0 comments: