Friday, July 25, 2008

Play Date

So today one of my favorite students Kendal came over for a play date. Her mom dropped her off and immediately she wanted to paint. In her words "she has been practicing." She is a pretty talented artist for her age. I have two pieces of her artwork displayed in my new house. While we were painting she told me "that she had been thinking about how Superman was going to save me." I asked from what and she said "she didn't know." Then we went to lunch at the Dixie Cafe where she proceeded to continually call the waitress "my lady." After lunch we walked Coco and she held the leash. A car stopped to comment on Coco and she told the man "to drive slow because I just got a new house and didn't want him to run in to it." He seemed a bit puzzled. We finished our play date giving each other manicures. Mine looks very special if you know what I mean. I am worn out! A 5 year old has a lot of energy. Kudos to all you moms!

2 comments:

Bella Jack's Children's Boutique said...

Effie! I am so excited you have a blog! I am so glad that you are doing well! Love your new house! You truly put the Effie Edwards touch on it! Take care and keep in touch! Paige

Bethany said...

Effie- my mom sent me your blog address...hope you don't mind. I LOVE your house- it's so great- I think my favorite is the bathroom! How creative are you? MY blog is roeupdate.blogspot.com if you want to check it out. Hope you're doing well! -Bethany (Warnock) Roe