Gorgeous day on Jackson Lake!
No luck fishing, but still a great day.
Love note someone left on my car...ha! There weren't any parking spots...chill people!
Crawfish boil & concert.
Love these girls!
Win hiked Snow King and got a medal. So proud!
Sweet hugs from one of my former students.
Yesterday, was Kate's birthday. Love this friend!
Bear and I on Bid Day in 2001.
Today is Bear's birthday. This was in the Spring when I was home in Arkansas. She is such a dear and loyal friend!
Happy Father's Day to The Big Guy!!! Man do I miss this guy, but cherish the memories and legacy he created.
Last week, was my first week off of school. It was a great week!!! Monday it was kind of rainy on and off all day. Went to see the movie "Love and Friendship" with a friend. It was great! I love those types of movies. Tuesday night, I went back to Running Club. I haven't been in 2 years! The struggle was real, but I was proud of myself for completing the run. Wednesday, I went to hear the band The White Buffalo. It was a fun show. Thursday, I caught up with my friend Andy and then went with him to a birthday party/bonfire. It was a lot fun! I got home way too late and I think my hair smelled like campfire for 3 days. Friday, I went over to Jenny's and heard all about her trip to Cancun and tried to go to bed a decent hour. Saturday, we headed up to the boat for the day. Jackson Lake is one of the most stunning places. It was nice and warm out. I fished off the boat most of the day. Didn't catch anything, but that's ok. We headed back around 6 because Andy was playing his first show at The Rose. We got ready and went into town. He did a great job and it was another late night. I rarely miss church, but yesterday I slept in. Also, since I spill my guts on this blog...ha!...I really didn't want to go to church and hear a Father's Day message. I had a great day yesterday. I got a lot of kind messages from friends and wasn't sad at all, but really didn't want to be overly reminded of the day.
June 19th and 20th, 2 of my dearest friends celebrated birthdays. You can see a past post about my special friendship with Kate. I met Barrett freshman year of college. I knew her some in high school, but we weren't good friends. We both pledged Tri-Delta and you can see a hilarious photo of us on Bid Day 2001. We have remained so close over the years. Bear is such an amazing friend!!! She is loyal, kind and fun. I had the pleasure of living with she and her husband before I moved to JH. My house sold super fast and so I lived with them for about 3 months. It was such a special time and memories I will cherish forever.
It was a great, busy start to Summer!!!! Looking forward to another great week.
Also, this blog is like a journal to me. I tend to be a private person, but my goal this year was to make this blog like a journal. I feel that by putting myself and my thoughts out there for all to read is a bit odd, but I also feel that if by being vulnerable I can help someone else then I am all for that. In my previous post, I put a lot out there and it was rough, but it was the truth. I think we all go through ups and downs in life. I have been going through a bit of a down, but I am definitely on the upswing and the JOY of the Lord is my strength! So often social media sugar coats our lives. We post a "highlight reel" of our lives and a lot of times it glosses over what's really going on. Don't get me wrong, I love Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, etc., but too often people only post the good stuff and then we all think we have it all together all the time...ha! So if my previous post worried you, don't be worried. I really am doing well.
Hope all is well and everyone had a wonderful weekend and Father's Day.
Love you Daddy!!
XOXO-
EEE
0 comments:
Post a Comment