Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Dog's Purpose


I highly recommend this book!!




My sweet girl and I!




Enjoying this unbelievable weather.

If you read one book this year read, "A Dog's Purpose." This is the September selection for my book club. It came recommended by another dog lover. The best part is that this book is for everyone...dog lover or not. Ultimately, it's a metaphor for life. I'm sure you've all heard the quotes about life being a journey and enjoying it, etc. This book goes further and deeper. It makes you think about your purpose in life. Also, it makes you think about how life's situations and circumstances can change and shape what we think is our purpose, but in reality our purpose is always changing. Without those situations and circumstances we might not achieve other important purposes in our lives. In addition, it makes you think about how your purpose throughout life changes whether it be thru your job, family, personal life...as life changes so does your purpose. I am a firm believer in the importance of finding a purpose in your life! Sometimes we find purpose in our jobs, our role in our family, our status, our talents, etc., but if you have no purpose or aren't able to find your's I can only think it would be hard to get out of bed and live! Lastly, this book lets us know that even when we think we've found our purpose and achieved it that sometimes the purpose we're confused by and don't understand may be the ultimate purpose that all the others were leading to and preparing us for...yes now I'm crying....ha! You MUST read this book!!!
On the other hand, this book is about a dogs. How they are with the people they're with, at a specific time, the breed they are and various factors for a reason. It's not just by chance.... I truly believe that my dog Coco is with me for a reason. I got her 2 weeks after my dad died. This was a definite transition phase in my life in multiple ways. She has been a CONSTANT companion over the years. Her presence has been a comfort and I cannot imagine the past 6 years without her. I feel that she has fulfilled and continues to daily fulfill her purpose as the cutest, sweetest Yorkie ever....ha!
Hope all is well....
-EEE
Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments: