Sunday, April 17, 2011

Surprise & Derby

The birthday boys...surprise! Megan, Anna, and I at the party.
Anna, John, and Megan at the Derby.
Anna, Megan, and I at the Derby.
And they're off!!!
The starting gate.
The finish line from the Infield.


This weekend we celebrated John and Ryan's 30th birthday with a surprise party. They were both surprised and it was a lot of fun! Saturday, I drove down to Hot Springs for Derby Day. I can't believe another season at Oaklawn has already come and gone. I dropped Coco off at my mom's and headed to Oaklawn. It was a beautiful day!!! Not too hot and a bit of a breeze.... The infield was open and it was a perfect day to be out there. My one suggestion is that they install a jumbo-tron of sorts out there. You have no idea what is happening during the race. I had a good day at the track...betting wise. I had several long shots in the last couple of races and ended up, after drinking all day and betting all day, leaving with quite a bit more money than I came with...woo hoo!!! Overall, I did quite well at the track this season. Safety Town is coming to school this week and I think I am more excited than the kids...ha!

Just realized when I started this post that this is my 301st post since starting this blog almost 3 years ago...crazy! Where time goes I don't know, but WOW!

Hope all is well....

post signature

0 comments: