Yesterday, I read the book "Heaven is for Real." The little boy and his family have made several television appearances lately to promote the book. Several people had told me how good the book is. It is only about 150 pages. Someone gave it to my mom and so I borrowed it. I was a little bit skeptical because sometimes religious books are very subjective. One person raves about how amazing it is, while another found it too "out there" and didn't finish it. Needless to say, I started reading it yesterday afternoon and couldn't put it down! I finished it last night around 10. This book is amazing! His descriptions of heaven and Jesus brought me to tears. Also, there is a point in the book where he recalls meeting his great-grandfather in heaven. His great-grandfather died when his father was a little boy so his dad found it odd that he knew him. He recalls his great-grandfather "Pop" asking him if he is Todd's son? This part of the book made me really happy and sad at the same time. At the end of this month will be the 6th year anniversary of my dad's death. As much as I miss him, I grieve for all the life milestones he will never be there to experience. My dad will never meet whom ever I marry, he will never know my children, but to think that one day he will see them in heaven and he will know them brought me to tears. To think at some point, they will know my dad and how awesome he was made this month (that is always tough) a little bit easier.
At the end of the book Colton's father, who wrote the book, talks about how after almost losing his son, he sees the importance of Easter and the true sacrifice God made. I highly reccommend this book. It makes my Lenten sacrifice seem extra small in the grand scheme.
Hope all is well.....
EEE
1 comments:
I have heard a lot of good things about this book! I can't wait to read it! Thanks so posting :)
bmaryandblessed.blogspot.com
Post a Comment