Monday, February 28, 2011

A New Addition

My vote for the best dressed at the Oscars...can we say hot?!
Sweet Bennett and I.
What an angel....
This weekend we zipped to Fayetteville and back to meet the newest addition....Bennett William Greer. Sarah is the first of my best friends to have a baby. I remember growing up and we called some of my parents best friends Aunt and Uncle. When we got there on Saturday Sarah said, "Bennett all your aunts are here!" Hopefully, he'll call me "Ebbie" like all the other babies. It was well worth the trip to finally get to see meet him and see Sarah. I'm hoping to go back over my Spring Break.
We made it back on Saturday to get ready for a surprise bday party for Meredith. One problem, we were confused...it wasn't a surprise. Ha! Either way, we had a great time celebrating.
Last night, was the Academy Awards. As most of you know, I LOVE to go to the movies and watch movies. We have a watch party with ballots and prizes each year. Well to say that I was disappointed last night is an understatement. I found myself nodding off during portions of the show. The winners were very predictable and there were no real upsets. There were some fabulous dresses. Jennifer Lawrence from "Winter's Bone" looked amazing. That was one hell of a blow-out (loved her hair!) and the dress could not have fit her any better. I thought Anne Hathaway did ok, but James Franco seemed to have smoked a little pot before the show...ha! I was excited "The King's Speech" won. What a great film?!
I mowed my lawn for the first time this year, today. How can it be that time of year already?!
Hope all is well....
post signature

0 comments: