Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Third Day

In about junior high, I started listening to Third Day. They always have such great lyrics to their songs and they sound like old school southern rock. They don't sound overly "christian" (if that makes sense). A lot of mornings on my runs I listen to Third Day. I can still jam out, but it also starts my day off with some positive words. Their two Offerings albums are my personal faves. I like a lot of their music, but my two favorite songs are...

"Your Love Oh Lord" (Psalms 36:5-7) and "Call My Name." The lyrics to both of these songs talk about God's love for us and how great it is! I thought I would post these lyrics. I know they always make my day better. If you're not familiar with Third Day they are worth looking up.

"Your Love Oh Lord" (Psalm 36)
Your love, oh Lord
Reaches to the heavens
Your faithfulness stretches to the sky
Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains
Your justice flows like the ocean's tide

I will lift my voice
To worship You, my King
I will find my strength
In the shadow of your wings

"Call My Name"
It’s been so long since
You felt like you were loved
So what went wrong
But do you know
There’s a place where you belong
Here in My Arms

When you feel like you’re alone in your sadness
It seems like no one else in this whole world cares
And you want to get away from the madness
You just call My name and I’ll be there
You just call My name and I’ll be there

The pain inside
Has erased your hope for love
Soon you will find
That I’ll give you all
That your heart could ever want
And so much more

When you feel like you’re alone in your sadness
It seems like no one else in this whole world cares
And you want to get away from the madness
You just Call My Name and I’ll be there (2x)
You just Call My Name and I’ll be there

You just Call My Name
Call My name say it now
I want you to never doubt
The love I have for you is so alive
Call My name say it now
I want you to never doubt
The love I have for you is so alive

You just Call My Name
The love I have for you is so alive
The love I have for you is so alive
You just Call My Name

Hope all is well.....

post signature

0 comments: