Today I am thankful for a weekend of nothing! Honestly, I can't tell you the last time since school started that I had nothing to do. I came to Hot Springs on Friday after work and both nights was asleep by 9 and slept til about 9. I was wiped out after a very busy week at school, parent teacher conferences, and a lot of other activities. My parent teacher conferences went awesome and I can't believe we've already completed one quarter of the school year.
I went to see a sneak preview of "Waiting for Superman." This is a documentary about the failing public school system. I thought there were some truths throughout the film, but like anything it spotlighted a lot of the negative. This being my 5th year to teach I can tell you it is like any other job.....there are people that do nothing and others that do a great job! It is worth going to see and if it changes one school and benefits kids than I say good job to the guy who made it.
I've also spent the weekend preparing to be gone from my classroom for the first time. I am going to keep my nieces while my sister has her baby. I'll have a nephew sometime on Wednesday or Thursday!!!! Can't believe the month is almost over...slow down time!
Hope all is well....

0 comments:
Post a Comment