Today I am thankful for Miracle League. Yesterday, I went and was a buddy at the Miracle League of Arkansas. This is such an amazing organization! It gives the kids an opportunity to play baseball. Some of these kids are physically handicapped and need help to run the bases and some just need someone there to make sure they go to the right base and stay on the field. For the first game, I was a buddy to a 15 year old girl who was in a wheelchair. She played for the Cubs and wanted to use the pink bat each time. We got in "a pickle" between 3rd and home and ended up scoring. It was so fun! The second game, I was a buddy to a "wild man." He was 4 years old and wanted to run everywhere. He just giggled and loved the fact that I was chasing him. He played for the Braves and I definitely got a workout! After that, I went and helped some friends who had organized a chili cookoff to raise money for the Arkansas Food Bank.
I have some friends that have organized a fundraiser for the Miracle League of Arkansas. It should be a lot of fun. Visit their website if you are interested in attending http://www.hatclublr.com/
Hope all is well....

1 comments:
I am the coach for a Miracle League team here in Irving! Loved this post ;)
Post a Comment