Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Grandparent's Day

The thumbprint magnets we made for our grandparents.....too cute!
Today I am thankful for grandparent's day. Today was grandparent's day at school and we had so much fun. It made me remember grandparent's day when I was in Kindergarten. None of my grandparents lived close so I took a "special friend." I took Doug Cox who was a family friend. I got to thinking about this memory and it brought a smile to my face. I went to half day Kindergarten so after the lunch Mr. Doug brought me home. We were standing out in the yard at my parent's house. My dad, Mr. Doug and I watched a baby squirrel fall from one of the tall pine trees in the lower part of our yard. Mr. Doug immediately ran down there to try to pick up the squirrel. My dad cautioned him against this but he went down there anyway. He picked up the squirrel which proceeded to bite him. He quickly threw it down and didn't care if it was hurt. (As I type this, I am laughing so hard!) This story is still a vivid memory for me and my dad and I, years later, used to tell this story and crack up laughing. I can only hope my student's grandparent's day was just as memorable...ha!
On a side note, I have re-injured my shoulder. After a week, of almost constant pain I am having it x-rayed and looked at tomorrow. I hope and pray that they can give me some relief. I just hope they can get to the bottom up the pain.
Hope all is well....
post signature

0 comments: