Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Hummus

Today I am thankful for hummus. I have loved hummus for quite some time now and always see recipes for it that seem a little difficult. I prefer just grabbing it out of the case at the grocery store...ha! I found a recipe in Real Simple magazine that claims to be 5 minute hummus. Anyone that has cooked finds the time on recipes to be complete B.S. I'm saying all that to say that I found the best hummus recipe! It is so super fast and easy and makes me never want to eat store bought hummus again. Here it is...

1can of chickpeas (drained), 2 Tbsp of water, lemon juice, and tahini, 1 clove of garlic, 1 tsp. of cumin, 1/4 tsp. paprika, 3/4 tsp. of salt, 1/4 cup of olive. Throw it all in the food processor and blend until smooth. Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle paprika on the top. I found tahini at Whole Foods. It comes in a decent size can and I've made a bunch of batches with it and still have some left.

Hope all is well....

post signature

0 comments: