Today I am thankful for St. Patrick's Day! This is one of my favorite holidays because I am Irish and because green is my favorite color, but mostly because I'm Irish!!! I was wondering why we celebrate this holiday and who St. Patrick was, so I looked it up. He is the patron saint of Ireland. He was from a weathly British family and was kidnapped and taken to Ireland. He eventually escaped and became a priest, but felt he was to go back to Ireland and free them. He served in that regard for more than 30 years. Also, some say he used the shamrock's 3 leaves to symbolize the trinity of the father, the son, and the holy spirit. Just thought I'd share...
I have not been good about blogging lately, but I am still really thankful daily for many things. I just can't seem to get motivitated to get on the computer!!!
Hope all is well....

0 comments:
Post a Comment