Anna, Boogie, and I in our tacky outfits
Lounging in my tacky Snuggie
Linda in her "Seven Swans a Swimming" costume
All the blankets that I collected
Sex and the City 2 Movie PosterSince my last post, I hosted my first tacky sweater Christmas party and tacky gift exchange. I don't have many pics because I don't have a camera, but we had a blast! The tacky gift exchange was hyterical! I received an extremely tacky wreath and a pink Snuggie that has been adorned with holiday decor. I have been using it and I love it! The last day of school all of the teachers sang "The Twelve Days of Christmas" for the students. My friend Linda was "seven swans a swimming", her costume was hysterical! I was "ten lords a leaping" and I lept during each verse and the kids loved it!!! Friday evening, I went to church and instead of the normal service the Hendrix College choir performed Lessons and Carols. It was awesome! Mom and I went to dinner afterwards and I was in bed by 10. I was exhausted from school and a busy week.
Thanks to donations from blog readers, friends, and co-workers I had a good portion of blankets, coats, scarves, hats, and gloves to give out to the homeless. My mom and I went and drove around in downtown Little Rock and handed them out. We met one really special guy named "Twin" and I have already decided that I am going to try and take him a meal every so often. After that, we went to a wedding shower for my friend Stephanie. Sarah, her mom Angela, and sister Jessica ended up driving down! After the shower, the three of them, my mom and I, and Anna and Diane went to lunch. It was so fun and made me miss college when we got together with our parents all the time! Saturday night, was Renee and I's annual date to Christmas Karaoke, a fundraiser for Youth Home, sponsored by 103.7 The Buzz (my fave radio station!). It was at Wildwood Park this year and a little "stuffier" than in the past, but still fun, as always! After it was over, I met up with some other friends and it turned into another one of our crazy nights. Let's just say that I woke up on Sunday morning with my address, from one of those stamper things, stamped on my neck! Sunday, I slept in, ran some errands, went to see "Did You Hear About the Morgans?" (blah!), and watched "The Hangover" (never gets old!)
Yesterday morning, I drove down to Hot Springs to go to the eye doctor. I have been having A LOT of trouble with my eyes being extremely dry and it has been very difficult to wear contacts lately. He gave me a bunch of different contact options to try out. I'm crossing my fingers because if this doesn't work I will be having plugs put in my tear ducts to keep the moisture in my eyes. (Not as bad as it sounds.) Last night, I went with 15 of my cousins to see the lights at Garvan Gardens. I have already been, but I couldn't miss out on this quality entertainment. My cousin Samantha and I were going up behind people and pressing different numbers on the Fart for Free app on my phone. I know...so childish, but we were crying we were laughing so hard! I'm going to just chill for the next couple of days and then head to my grandmother's house on Christmas Eve.
I hope that you are having a blessed holiday season. I was telling my mom the other day, that so far this has been the most blessed holiday season that I can remember AND it's not even Christmas! The funny thing is I have tried to do more for others this holiday season and God has blessed me 100 times over!
Hope all is well.....
Hope all is well.....

0 comments:
Post a Comment