Last week, my friend Renne gave me the past 2 months issues of Vanity Fair and told me there were some interesting articles. Well, either I haven't read that magazine in awhile or ever to realize the in depthness (don't know if that is a word, but it is to me) of the articles. The articles range from Julia Child, to Bernie Madoff, to an article about the Hamptons real estate market. What I like about these articles is the amount of detail and true journalism that is put into each one. It is not just some short article with a skewed version from the writer; every thing about this person or issue is gone over. Granted some of the articles take a long time to read, but they are worth it! Why am I going into all this detail? Well, it has made me realize how out of touch I am. How I don't know anything about a lot of subjects. I don't watch the news much because I don't really see the point, but this has made me want to become more educated in some areas. Don't get me wrong I still love US Weekly and subscribe to Martha Stewart Living, but I am just going to make an effort to be more aware.
This is my last week with the girls and I am getting a little sad. We have had a lot of fun and I am thankful that the experience has been a good one! I can't believe summer is wrapping up!!!
Also, today is my dad's bday. I want to wish him a Happy Birthday. He would've been 58 years old today. Wow! Miss you and love you!!
Hope all is well....
0 comments:
Post a Comment