



So as a reward to one of my Kindergarten classes I told them I would bring Coco. As Joe said today, "Coco has celebrity status!" They were shouting her name and reaching out for her.....it was crazy!!! My class did really good with her in the room. I was very proud. Since it is Art Class I had to have them draw her. Here are just a few of their drawings. Keep in mind they are in Kindergarten, but I thought these were pretty good. Also, they wanted to know her middle and last name and couldn't figure out why we had the same last name....hysterical! Even though, I am wiped out at the end of the week and some of the kids make me bonkers I am so blessed to have such an awesome job! Getting the chance to encourage these kids and watch them "light up" at their accomplishments is truly priceless. I had a 1st grader pay me the best compliment I have received thus far in my 25 years of life. A little back story....he doesn't come from a good home life, but has a heart of gold. During class I was sitting at one of the tables with some students and he came up behind me and whispered in my ear, "Miss Edwards I think you're an angel." Then he went and sat down. Needless to say I kind of teared up. For some of these kids a teacher that cares about them, is always happy to see them, and encourages them, is like an angel.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!!! Go Team Allbritton/Perry! (Chili Cook-off)
Friday, September 26, 2008
Coco Goes to Terry
Posted by Effie at 1:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
EFF - Uncle Dale and I love the story of Coco's visit to your school. The pics were cute too! We are proud of you! And you are as beautiful as an angel!
Aunt Beth
Post a Comment