Our Neighbors
Stepbrothers (Turner and John)Well I should be sleeping right now, but instead I am blogging. Tomorrow is my first official day back at school. The kiddos will come back the 18th, but the teachers will be there starting tomorrow. I have mixed feelings about this, but what are you gonna do?
This weekend started a little early. Thursday night Anna and I hung out on our front porch.....something we find ourselves doing all the time! Our neighbors came over and chatted awhile and then we went over to their house for a Baggo tournament that lasted until 2 a.m. Friday we were tired, but since it was officially the weekend we had to do something. After jamming out on our front porch we decided to meet some friends down at Cajun's for a little dancing. The party just followed us back home. John, Tilley and Turner came over and we kicked it on the front porch until about 3:30 a.m. There was a lot of singing and at one point tambourine playing going on!
Saturday we just hung around the house all day and then went downtown because Boom Kinetic (formerly Molten Lava) was playing. After a lot of dancing we headed over to a friend's house where we all decided to go swimming and play childish swimming pool games. Needless to say after many rounds of "Sharks and Minnows" someone was bound to get hurt. (I know I sound like a mom.) Unfortunately one of the dogs got a little excited and bit Rachel as she was jumping in to catch someone. After observing the cut we decided that a trip to the ER was necessary. So about 3:30 a.m. Mom and Dot headed to the ER. (If you're wondering Rachel was my Pledge Mom (Big Sis) in the Tri-Delt house and we always refer to each other as Mom and Dot.) It took a good while as all ER visits do, but they got her all fixed up just as the sun was coming up. Always an adventure! Did I mention that I got to be the Dr.'s assistant.....very interesting!
I am getting super pumped about the upcoming weekend because it is the DRJII Tennis Tournament in Fayetteville. Hope everyone has a great week and I'll post some pics when I upload them.
2 comments:
Hey Effie. You look great. hope things are going well. I put a your link on my blog. love it. hope to see you in football season
luv
mo
Ummm....I so dont remember taking that pic down below. Cute thought but I got nothing!
Love ya
Post a Comment