Today I am thankful for the Dallas Whiterock Marathon...more importantly that it is over! Yesterday, I am ran the full 26.2 miles...wow! This isn't my first full marathon, but I tore my hamstring a year or so ago and it has been a long recovery. This race I decided not to focus too much on my time. I paused along the course a couple times to have a few sips of beer, give little kids high fives and tried to enjoy myself while running for over 4 hours straight...ha! I took the day off today to recover and I am so glad I did. I'm walking pretty good just a little stiff when I first stand up. I cannot tell you how thankful I am that my body allows me to do this. It truly is an amazing feeling and a major accomplishment. Also, I am so thankful for my wonderful friends who came out to support me. My friend Barrett and her dad were at my 16 and that was so fun to see them. At the finish line, my friends Anna, Anna's mom Diane, Kasey, and Clare were there with a poster and loud cheers to cheer me the last 100 yards or so. I teared up because it was so sweet of them to come and cheer and meant so much to me. Also, I think they were tears of joy that I was finally done!
Hope all is well....
Hope all is well....

1 comments:
congrats! what a huge accomplishment!
Post a Comment