Today I am thankful for my latest creation, a book wreath. I recently saw this on the fabulous Erin Gates' "Elements of Style" blog. I am pretty much obsessed with anything she recommends. She did a holiday gift guide with gifts for under $50. One of the things she featured was a book wreath. I clicked on the link and the etsy shop was sold out. I googled book wreaths and what do you know....there was a tutorial! On Sunday night, Clare and I decided to try to make one. I am giving mine as a gift and she is going to keep hers. Sometimes when I start a project, I see why a lot of times it is easier to just buy it...ha! This wasn't a hard project just time consuming and tedious. After several hours, burning myself numerous times with the glue gun, some choice words and a beer, I finished it. I love how it turned out and hope the person I give it to will love it just as much! Don't know that I'll be making another one anytime soon, but I can say I know how.
Can't believe tomorrow is Christmas Eve. Many warm and merry wishes to you and your loved ones. Please remember why we celebrate this special day.
Hope all is well....

1 comments:
It's beautiful Effie!!! Love it ! Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment