Wednesday, November 25, 2009

THANKFUL!!!

My last post was about exciting times and they have been very exciting!!! The weekend was a blast! I came home yesterday and my mom and I went to see "The Blind Side" last night. We LOVED it!!! I cannot wait to see it again! It combined my two favorite things- a heartwarming story and football! Other than that we have just been busy beavers, cooking.

Thanksgiving was always my Dad's favorite holiday and it is one of my faves, if not my favorite holiday! I have SO much to be thankful for. Beyond a wonderful family, fabulous friends, a great job, and the best dog ever, I am thankful to live in this great country and have the basic needs of food, clean water, and shelter. I know that these are things that I have had the luxury of my whole life and I take for granted. I think of the principle of Tom's shoes and how they give shoes to people who don't have ANY shoes, and then I think of myself who complains that I have nothing to wear!!! I have an obscene amount of clothing, shoes, coats, and accessories. My blog is going to take on some changes as of January 1, 2010 and a lot of it has to do with thankfulness! Until then, I hope that everyone has a wonderful, safe Thanksgiving and enjoys all the many blessings that they have.

Hope all is well....

post signature

3 comments:

Amanda said...

GO EFFIE!!! I love you and your attitude!

Alexis Anderson said...

I love the new pictures at the top! Too cute.. Glad you had a good Thanksgiving!

StaceyF said...

Hey Effie. Glad you had a great Thanksgiving! A while back I remember seeing a pic on here of a monogrammed necklace that you were saying you loved and I loved it too and was wondering where you got yours or if you had a link to some good ones. Let me know, my email is staceywfaulkner@yahoo.com

Thanks, Stacey